Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
Radiation therapy is used to treat prostate cancer painlessly and non-invasively. During treatment, high-energy X-rays are delivered to the prostate cancer safely and effectively. Side effects are usually minimal, and most patients return to their normal activities following each treatment. Radiation therapy serves as an effective treatment for prostate cancer, working within cancer cells to damage their ability to multiply and spread. Several factors determine candidacy for radiation therapy treatment including the stage of the cancer, potential side effects, age and overall health. Sometimes a combination of treatments is the best plan for treating prostate cancer.
Download the following PDF for more information
Key Advantages of Stereotactic RadioSurgery for Prostate Cancer
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits, depending on tumor size, volume, and location
- Constantly corrects for patient/tumor movement throughout treatment, ensuring radiation beams are always locked on tumor during treatment
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target while limiting radiation exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Outpatient procedure, little or no recovery time and minimal side effects
- Requires no anesthesia
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities
Speak with one of our dedicated Team Member about how we can help today.